Saturday, April 30, 2016

In the street across, I see faces, who see faces, who see traces of life waiting to lose out on the most important things. I see a child smile as he gets his packet of chocolate or pepsi. I see a wannabe shopkeeper waiting for his chance to be rich. I see young men smiling at little girls pass by. I see people who would otherwise seem quiet, talk. I don quite get what they say to each other, but I overhear some discussion about the way all life should be. But is it so simple and pompous at the same time to assume we are so deserving? Is it wrong to want when you are not divine or at least called to the same holiness.
I hear my friend defend his religion and I listen to his heart speak of evil while his mouth slanders. My other acquaintances deliver their twist of the situation and object the truth, but what is the truth? This is so confusing! How do I live with these truths? But, they say there is one truth. Who are they? 

2 comments:

Followers